Marathon HMT4000 Hot Asphalt Hauler
This 2 ton capacity asphalt hauler is ideal for small to medium sized patching jobs. The heated vat is fully insulated for optimum efficiency. The chute-type vat design allows the hot asphalt to be deposited closer to the shoveling platform to reduce operator fatigue. Note: HMT4000OJ (oil jacketed model) shown with optional equipment.
Standard spec HMT40000 has a single axle trailer and noted specs are for this base model. Contact Marathon for updated specs on all other models.
Features & Benefits
• Heavy duty channel iron frame.
• Long lasting all welded construction – not bolted.
• Industrial grade axle with leaf spring suspension and electric brakes.
• Adjustable hitch with 3” pintle eye and safety chains.
• Thick sheet metal panels exceed the standard used in competitive products.
• Fully insulated hopper.
• Safety burner easily accessible for lighting and service.
• Guarded, easy to read material thermometer.
• Heated shoveling platform.
• Ergonomically designed handles lock open to safely form a chute for loading of hot mix material.
• Heavy duty adjustable guillotine style material unloading door.
• Ease of unloading is assisted by the hopper shaped design of the material bin.
• Conveniently located tool holders.
• 100 lb. propane bottle holder comes complete with hold down straps.
• Conveniently located heavy duty, adjustable screw type jack.
• All necessary stop and directional signal lights.
• Increased corrosion resistance with epoxy primer and standard blue paint finish.
• Oil jacketed heating system; skid mounted – no chassis; hydraulic dump
• Automatic temperature control.
• 200,000 BTU hand held vapour propane torch with 15 ft. hose.
• 30 gallon tack tank, heated or non-heated.
• Electric overnight heater.
• Electric breakaway switch with battery.
• Hydraulic surge brakes.
• 10 lb. fire extinguisher with bracket.
• Heat grid to improve heat distribution throughout the mix.
• Gas powered tack sprayer with flushing system.
• Diesel fired heating systems.
• Rinse tank.
• Strobe light.
• Slow moving vehicle sign.
• Customer’s choice of paint colour.